How to use Bricks
Let's create a Brick!
- Once in the builder, click on the arrow to open the side panel, search for the Brick icon and click in it
And now press CREATE A NEW BRICK
- Give it a name so you can recognize it later:
- To start editing "My new brick", hove over the brick, and click in Edit this brick:
- Once clicked, you are in! We don't need a start message, but definitely need to start with something:
- One of the biggest advantages of Bricks is to make complex flows easy to handle, but for this example we are going to show how variables from questions can be displayed outside the brick. That's why we are going to ask only the name and display it in the bot:
What we have done is adding a Question and continue the flow to the Output. Output is the "EXIT" where the flow continues after ends. There can be more than one Outputs if needed.
- Once we are happy with the brick, we save it:
You have to Save & Publish as you would with a bot and also click on the sphere to publish it.
Note. Once is published any change in the bot needs to be "republished" and will be as a new brick. Also, you need to publish it in case you want to use this brick in another bot. In the future bricks will be open to the community, imagine...
- Now we go to the main bot (Back to Bot), and we will connect the brick to a message so we can display the name variable that we created in the brick:
- Finally we connect our Brick with the Welcome Message of the bot:
- And here is our bot with the brick!