2. How to preview WhatsApp and Messenger bots
Previewing bots for messaging channels
Both WhatsApp and Messenger bots can't be previewed from Landbot, because they can only work on their own apps. So, all you need to do is pick up your phone, make sure you have WhatsApp or Messenger installed, and follow the guides below!
How to preview a Messenger bot
After you build a Messenger bot, can preview it in the Facebook or Messenger apps on your own phone as if you were the end user. 💁♂️
If you are ready to test your bot, just follow these easy steps! 👇
Step by step guide to test your Messenger bot
- Move on to the Channels section and click on Messenger.
- Select the Messenger channel connected to the Facebook page you want to test the chatbot with.
- Or, if you haven't yet, create a Messenger channel following this guide.
- Once you are into the Messenger channel, go to Linked bot and select the chatbot you want to test from the dropdown. Click on Linked bot, then on Confirm.
- Now, grab your phone or laptop and go to the Facebook or Messenger app.
Start a conversation with the Facebook page you administrate, and the bot will start!
- It is also possible to share a link to test a Messenger bot.
Enter the Settings page of your bot, and select the option Messaging from the left side menu:
Scroll down to find the URL (link) of your Messenger bot:
If you are already on the Messenger app, you will see on the right side of the conversation a link (Messenger Link):
How to preview a WhatsApp bot
After you build a WhatsApp bot, you can preview it in the WhatsApp app on your own phone! 💁♂️
Step by step guide to test your WhatsApp bot
- Go to the Channels section and then click on WhatsApp Testing (former Playground).
- Select the Testing channel connected to the number you want to test the chatbot with.
- Or, if you haven't yet, create a Testing channel, following the steps in this article.
- Once you are into the Testing channel, go to Linked bot and select the chatbot you want to test from the dropdown. Click on Linked bot, then on Confirm.
- Now, you should have received a message on WhatsApp! If you didn't, grab your phone and send a WhatsApp message to the Testing number (+34 632 096 008) to start the bot's flow.