Chats Section v3
We welcome you to the redesigned Chats section (V3), the place where humans and Chatbots meet!
From the Chats section you can see all conversations between the bots and your leads in real time, have agents chatting at real time when needed, or send the visitor back to an automated conversation with a bot.
To access the Chats section, just click on the Chat icon in your Dashboard:
How to find the conversations in the Chats section?
The Chats section allows you to see the chats according to the conditions you apply to the Chats section.
The idea is simple: click on the filters to apply a filter, click again to remove it.
- Filter by Channel
First you must filter by the Channel the bot was created in.
For example, if you want to check the chats for landbot (web) bots, choose the filter Landbot:
- Filter by bot
Once you filter by Channel, you will be able to see the list of all bots you have created in that Channel.
It is also possible to search directly for the bot's name 😉
Click on the bot you want to see the conversations from, and a list of all the conversations will appear on the column right next to the list of bots.
- Filter by name, phone or email
Once you choose a bot, you can filter the conversations once again by name, phone or email - considering, of course, that your bot collected these variables in the conversation using one of our Question blocks 😅
For example, if you choose the filter name, you can just type in the name of the lead to select its conversation:
- Filter by the type of conversation
When inside the bot, you are also able to sort out what type of conversation you would like to see, if All the conversations, or only the New, Paused, Closed, or Blocked.
Live Agents and Human Takeover
- How can a conversation turn into a livechat?
Conversations can be turned into a human interaction between the agents and users when:
- An agent writes to the User at any point of the conversation from this Chats section, or
- When Human Takeover block is triggered in the bot flow.
Please keep in mind the rules for agent's status and assignation of the Human Takeover block to control how the conversations will be automatically assigned to the agents.
- What happens to the Header of the bot after an agent takes over the conversation?
After the agent takes over the conversation, the header will show the avatar of the agent, and the text "A human at" + the name of your company.
So before the agent took over the conversation, the header looked like this:
And after the agent stepped in:
How to assign conversations to agents
- On top of the chat, it is possible to see if the conversation was Assigned to an Agent, or was Not Assigned to an agent.
- If you want to assign to an agent, click con the option Assign to agent, and select from the dropdown the agent you want to assign the conversation to.
You will see a message of confirmation of the assignation, and you will see on the top of the chat who is the assigned agent.
- It is also possible to assign the conversation to another Agent, or turn it back to unassigned, by clicking on the agent and selecting the option from the dropdown.
- To have direct access to the conversations that were assigned to an agent, it is possible to filter the bots by agents.
Click on Agents to show the agents you have in your account.
Click on the Agent to see the conversations the Agent has assigned to him, and click on the conversation you want to access.
Managing the Conversation
Agents can answer normally the visitor through the Chats section, or also perform one of the following actions:
- Type anything to the user: Click on the Message field and type anything to your users. Press Enter or click on the button Send to send the message.
To add a new line to the text before sending it, press Shift + Enter in your keyboard.
- Insert Shortcuts: Add your own saved replies to the account, and send them using the Shortcuts. To do so, just Type / to insert a shortcut or manage them.
- Insert Private Notes: Add private notes in the body of the conversation, which will only be seen by you and your team. Mention your teammates with @ to notify them.
You will be able to keep track of the notes created on the right side of the Chats Dashboard.
- Send Media: Click on the attachment icon to send media content, and a modal will appear with all the options of media you can send .
- Jump to bot: Send the user back to an automated conversation, using the bot launcher (Jump to) feature. Select the bot you want to launch, click on Launch, and you the new bot will be handling the conversation from then on 🤖
- Close or Pause chat: When you close the chat, it will archive the conversation. If you are not ready to close it yet, you can pause the conversation for the time that suits you better.
On the right side of the conversation you will see the information about the User, such as name, country, computer device and browser used, date and hour accessed, among other information.
Click on the 3 dots, right next to it's name, on the right side of the user information, to view more options:
- Send transcription: Select this option to send a transcript of the conversation to the Agent's email.
- Ban Customer: If necessary, block users with just a click.
- Delete the conversation: Choose this option to delete the conversation. Please have in mind that since you have total control over the data of your account, this action is not revertible, not even by our team.
It is also possible to manage the variables from the conversation right from the Chats dashboard, on the Variables section on the right side of the conversation:
it is also possible to perform one of the following actions:
- Update a Variable: Click on a variable to see all its information or update it if necessary.
- Create a Variable: select this option to create a new variable in this conversation.