Other chatbots - Facebook Messenger
Learn all the tips and tricks you need for connecting a Facebook page to your very own Messenger bot
Before we begin please check the following:
- You have at least one FB page
- You are an admin of the page you want to integrate
- There's no other bot active in that page
At the bottom of the dashboard you will see a section called Other Chatbots that looks like this:
From here you can:
- Create a new Messenger Chatbot. You can click on the first blue icon to integrate a Facebook page and create a chatbot.
- Create a new WhatsApp Chatbot - You can click on the first green icon to integrate any WhatsApp number and create a chatbot at the same time. Learn more.
- Create a new API chatbot. If you've integrated a third-party channel into Landbot's dashboard, you can click here to create a chatbot for it. Learn more.
If you click the Messenger Chatbot button, you will be prompted to add a Facebook page to integrate:
In this tab you can:
- Select an existing channel previously integrated into Landbot
- Integrate a new Facebook Page, for which you'll need to:
- Click on the Log in button, which it will redirect you to a new window that will allow you to sign in:
- Once you have signed in, you can select the page you want to integrate and click on Save Changes. After that the option to disable or delete the chatbot will be enabled:
Click on Builder to begin your creation. You might notice fewer features that in landbot's chatbot builder and that's due to Facebook's limitations in terms of interface. That's why you can't create the same chatbot for both landbot and Facebook Messenger.
Whenever you're done with your creation, click "Share" on top, where you'll find your Facebook Page's URL in order to share it, and the possibility to use other Social Media apps too.
If you click on the Embed into your website option, instead of the HTML snippet to embed your landbot, you will find the Facebook Messenger button code to add a button to your website. Visitors can click to start the conversations with your Facebook page:
Feel free to test our Messenger Landbot!