2: WhatsApp Testing Section 🧪
What is WhatsApp Testing?
WhatsApp Testing (former Playground) allows you to experience what the official API integration feels like from the final user perspective.
Playground channels work in one direction only, which means only the phone number you connect to it will be able to send and receive messages from the Testing channel.
Add a Testing channel to your account
To add a WhatsApp Testing channel to your account:
- Click on Channels and then on WhatsApp Testing.
- Click on Try it for free or, if you had already created one, click on Create a New WhatsApp Channel.
- Give the channel a name you'll use to find it on the dashboard.
There are 2 ways to insert the phone number:
- Select your country from the dropdown, then add the phone number without the country code under the "tester's number" field.
- If you don't make any selection from the dropdown and just start writing the number with the country code, the country will be automatically recognized (as in the Gif below).
⚠️ Please keep in mind that if you select the country from the dropdown and then you start writing the number with the country code, it can lead to errors and your channel won't work. ⚠️
When you click on Confirm, regardless if you choose a bot, you will receive a pro-active message from our number! It's just us, saying hi! 👋 If you linked a bot, just answer anything and the bot will start! 🚀
Even if you have a Test channel connected to your number into a different account, you won't be able to create a second one!
Contact our team if the "this number already exists" message appears, as we'd need to disable the channel from Admin.
Create a new WhatsApp bot
- After you click on Confirm, you can select the chatbot you want to connect to your new channel from the drop-down menu. You can chose to create a new bot from scratch and have it connected to his channel.
Once the WhatsApp Testing is created, you can move to your dashboard and search by entering its name on the top search bar.
Another way to Create a new WhatsApp bot is to Click on the Build a Chatbot button in the top-right corner of the Dashboard, then select WhatsApp as a channel.
Keep in mind that this new bot won't be linked to any Testing Channel at the moment of its creation.
You can link a WhatsApp Bot to a Testing Channel at any time from the WhatsApp Testing > Linked bot (dropdown menu).
Test your channel on your phone
After you build the bot (or if you chose a bot already built), you'll be able to test it on your own phone, to get a feel of what an official WhatsApp integration feels like, as if you were the end user.
You just need to send a WhatsApp message to our number (From which you should have received the pro-active message) to start testing the bot! 📲
How publish your bot on your official phone number (WhatsApp Business channel)
If you have built an amazing bot on a Testing channel, and after obtaining the official WhatsApp Business integration want to put that same bot in production on your business number, you can do it with very easily! 💪
Go to Channels > WhatsApp Business > click on your business number.
In the section My account you'll se the drop-down menu Linked bot.
That's all you need to have your bot linked to your official channel! 🚀