Learn how the assignment mechanics - auto and manual - work in Landbot and forget about leaving a visitor unanswered ever again.
Like many other helpdesk software out there, Landbot organizes contacts in different folders depending on their status:
Learn which conversations are in each folder:
- Unassigned. Users that are talking to a chatbot or waiting for our reply. Whenever a visitor starts a conversation, it will show up in this folder.
- Assigned. Those visitors assigned - manually or automatically - to one of the users in your account, that has the ability to exchange messages.
- All. All the contacts from the Unassigned, Assigned and Archived tabs.
- Archived. When you finish talking with a visitor, you should archive the conversation to keep your dashboard clean by clicking on Archive at the top of the conversation. More info on the assignment mechanics below.
This is what happens:
- The conversation with Cristóbal Villar is in the Unassigned folder waiting for an agent to join it. To do so, the agent Cris Villar clicks on the Assign button right next to the contact name.
- The app indicates that the conversation is now in the Assigned tab. We can click on the notification to move on to the Assigned tab. Now we can see a "1" in the agents' counter (the number right next to Cris Villar on the Agents section) to indicate this specific agent is currently managing one conversation.
- Whenever we're done with the talk, we click on Archive on top of the conversation interface to send the conversation to the Archived folder.
- If we click on the fourth tab (box icon) we'll see the Archived conversations, including the one we just closed with the visitor.
You can also assign conversations by clicking on the drop-down on the top right of the Chat section.
You can assign it to yourself or transfer it to any connected agent, whether they're available or not.