How to validate phone number with SMS verification (with Nexmo Verify)
When we are collecting leads information it is very important to make sure that what they provide is accurate, and a great way do this is to use an SMS verification system that helps us with such process.
To achieve this we will use an external paid service that takes care of sending SMS messages to the lead's phone with a validation code, and we will handle all the inputs from the users from the flow of our bot.
For the first part of sending the SMS, we will use a paid service called NEXMO Verify API, which has a free trial, so you can run some verification tests before you are ready to move on.
We have built a Brick with a flow ready to be used, where you only need to do the following:
- Import the brick
- Connect it to the flow
- Connect the outputs as you need
- Go inside the brick
- Zoom in the top area of the brick. There you will see these 4 Set Variable blocks (with Notes below) where you will see the information you need to add
- Go to the Getting Started area of Nexmo Verify
- Get the API key and API secret codes
- Edit the API key inside the first Set Variable block
- Edit the API secret inside the second Set Variable block
- Edit the brand inside the next Set Variable block
- Edit the code length inside the last Set Variable block
- That's it, now you can test your bot!