Google Analytics - Track Events (Not embedded)
for landbot (Web)
When your bot is not embedded, is using the url given in the Share Section:
Add your Google Analytics ID straight in the chatbot flow, as well as configure your Event Action and Event Category with just a few clicks! Learn how!
- First, create a new Google Analytics type block:
- Now, if this is the first time you configure a Google Analytics integration, you'll need to add the Google Analytics ID first:
- Click on the Landbot Settings link on top:
- You'll be redirected to the SEO & Tracking section of your bot. On the right side, add your Google Analytics ID under the field with the same name:
- Click Apply changes at the bottom and then Save & Publish on the top-right corner to save your ID:
- If you've already gone through this step, all you have to do is:
- Add an Event Category.
- Add an Event action.
- Click on Advanced Options, where you'll be able to:
- If you're done configuring your event, click Save to save your changes. Every time a user goes through - triggers - that block, the event you've just configured will trigger too!
FAQ & Troubleshooting
How can I check if the tracking is working correctly?
When using Google Chrome extension Google Tag Assistant if the tracking of an event has been done correctly you will see a screen similar to this one:
This block/functionality is not compatible with Whatsapp
This block/functionality is not compatible with Messenger