What is a Brick Template?
When you create a new Brick, it is only available in the bot where it has been created.
If you want to re-use this Brick in another bot within your account, you must create a Brick Template out of this Brick.
A Brick Template is like a 'picture', or a virtual copy of a brick that you can re-use and edit into any of your bots or Bricks.
How does a Brick Template work?
Once you have imported a Brick Template into a bot, you will be able to edit it without changing the original brick, because they are independent each other.
Every time you import a Brick Template into a bot (or into another brick) it turns again into a regular Brick, with no legacy from the original Brick Template.
So you can apply every kind of changes on it with no effects on the Brick Templates (nor the original Brick).
You can also create another Brick Template from it.
How to create a Brick Template?
To create a Brick Template, you just have to:
- Click on the 3 dots on the upper right side of the Brick to open more options.
- Then click on the option "Create Brick Template".
After you choose this option, follow these steps to create the Brick Template:
- Switch the "Local Brick" option
- Click on the button "Create a Brick Template"
This way you will create a 'copy' of your Brick: the Brick Template. That means, the original Brick will remain untouched, and you have created a Brick Template that can be used in your account from then on 😎
In the future Bricks will be like "Open Source code", you will be able to "download", customise, reuse and republish the bricks to help other Landbot users with their bots and ideas.
But for now you can do it only within the bots of your account.
How to edit a Brick Template
Brick Templates must be created in its final version, so it is not possible to make changes to the Brick Template itself.
But if you need to make any changes, you can import it into a bot, edit the changes and create a new Brick Template (with a different name 😉).
How to import a Brick Template into a bot?
You will be able to import it into any of your bots from the Bricks Explorer.
In Bricks explorer you can discover all the bricks with built-ins available for you, and import them to your flow. Learn how!
- There are 2 ways to open the Bricks explorer menu:
- Drag and drop the arrow and choose the option Bricks when building your flow.
- Click on the Bricks icon on the left side of the Bot Builder:
- Now, you will have access to all the built-ins available to import. You will find here the Bricks Workarounds and also your Private Brick templates 😉
- Type the name of the Brick to find it in the Bricks Explorer.
- Select any of them and click Import to add it to your bot flow.