Create your bot
Basics - Essentials to build a bot
Variables in Landbot - Getting Started
Landbot system Variables
Builder's keyboard shortcuts and mechanics! 🏗
Guidelines 🚀 5 best practices for chatbot design in Landbot 🤖
How to "debug" (troubleshoot) your bot's flow to spot possible errors (for non coders)
Build a bot
Blocks and flow operations
AB Test block (randomize flow)
Default Output Explained
How to open new a URL in another tab (window)
How to set up Multiple Choice questions
Conditions block II (with Dates, Usage and Agents variables)
How to ask a question based on a variable not being set (empty url params) (v3)
Global Keywords 🌍
Keyword Options 🔑 Assign keywords to buttons (WhatsApp and Facebook)
Lead Scoring block
Jump To block
Get started with the Formulas block
Formulas - Comparison
Formulas Blocks Dashboard
Formulas - Array
Formulas - Date
Formulas - Object
Formulas - Logical
Formulas - Math
Formulas - Regex
Formulas - String
Multi-Question block (Create a Form)
Question: Address block
Question: Autocomplete block
Question: Date block
Question: Email block
Question: File block
Question: Name block
Question: Number block
Question: Phone block
Question: Picture Choice block
Question: Rating block
Question: Scale block
Question: Text block
Question: URL block
Question: Yes/No block
Send a Message block
Send an Email block
Set Variable block
Bricks Workarounds (ready to use)
How to link your Calendly account and prepare your agenda
Age Calculator Brick Workaround
Get a timestamp according to a defined TimeZone
Simple cart v0.2
How to set the flow according to Open/Closed Business Hours
How to avoid visitors selecting specific days of the week
Chats - Livechat and Human Takeover
Design (bots for Web)
Share & Embed
Integrations with Landbot
Get data filtered from Airtable with a Brick- Shop example
20 different ways to GET and filter data from Airtable
How to add/update different field types in Airtable (POST, PATCH & PUT)
How to Create, Update, Retrieve and Delete records in Airtable (POST, PATCH, GET & DELETE)
Get more than 100 items from Airtable
Integrations > Dialogflow Block
How to extract parameters from Dialogflow response with Formulas
Dialogflow Integration Dashboard
Dialogflow - How to get JSON Key
External API REST
Dynamic Data (Arrays)
How to TEST your Http Request (Webhook block)
Webhook Blocks Dashboard
How to POST, GET (and more) with Landbot
Google Cloud Functions
Embed Google Maps
Google Maps API Key for Address block
Extract Data With Google Maps Geocoding API
Calculate Distances With Google Maps API
Google Sheets (Insert, Update and Get data)
How to use Google Sheets to create a simple verification system for returning visitors
How to Upload Document & store link
Add a timestamp to a Google Spreadsheet
How to give unique Coupon Codes (with Google Spreadsheets)
Google Sheets Integration Dashboard
How to insert a new row with data and formulas in Google Sheets
How to use Google Spreadsheet as a Content Management System for your bot
Google Tag Manager
GTM - How Track Google Analytics Events in Landbot with Google Tag Manager
Landbot in your web with Google Tag Manager
How to upload a file to Google Drive using Integromat
How to extract data from an external source with Integromat and use it in Landbot
Account Settings and Billing
Teammates - Add extra agents (seats) to your Account
Subscription Section (v3)
Payment FAQ 💳
Fair Use Policy
Privacy and Security
Channels - Whatsapp, Messenger and APIChat
The Ultimate WhatsApp Guide 🇬🇧
Facebook Business Verification - Best Practices 🇬🇧
Parent Bot/Linked Bot (WhatsApp) 🤖
WhatsApp Testing Section 🧪
Opt-in, Templates and Campaigns
What is the Opt-in process? ✍️
How to get Opt-ins (Subscribers) for your WhatsApp 🚀
WhatsApp Opt In Template ✅
WhatsApp Campaigns 💌
HSM Templates section
WhatsApp Bot Creation
Creating bots for WhatsApp 🙌
How to preview WhatsApp and Messenger bots
Types of content you can use in WhatsApp 🖼
How to capture and use the first user's interaction (input) in Whatsapp/Messenger
How to direct a user through a different bot flow on their second visit (for WhatsApp/Messenger)
Unblock user of error message loop and redirect to restart bot
The Facebook Messenger Ultimate Guide
Types of content you can use in Messenger bots 🖼
How to Preview a Messenger bot
Facebook Ad connected to Messenger Bot
API Chat (for Developers)
How to create an API chat bot and set up the Hook Url
Building a Slack APP Bot with Landbot APIChat and Node JS
Build a Telegram Bot with Landbot APIChat and Node JS
Metrics and Data Management
How to export the data from your bots
...❶, 🔟, 💯 ways to analyze your data 📈
Bot's Analyze Section
For Developers & Designers
CSS and Design Customizations
Open LiveChat bot as soon as page loads (3 ways)
How to launch a Landbot by clicking a button
Modifying Embed Size
How to embed a pop bot with automatic load and button
How to trigger events and/or pass values from Landbot to the container site
Change Landbot custom CSS dynamically from parent page onload
Customizing the bubble/widget (Livechat & Popup)
How to use Google Fonts in Landbot
Hide time stamp (under avatar)
Detect if a visitor is on Mobile/Tablet or Desktop
Landbot v3 - Web CSS - RTL
How to remove Landbot branding
How to hide elements in the Bot design
Customized display in the bot
Add a Chart (with Chart JS library) in your Landbot
How to display an HTML Table and a List in Landbot v3 web
Pop up modal to embed third party elements
Progress Bar Workaround
Different ways to embed Videos in Landbot
How to embed a .gif file inside a message
Display video and hide button to continue until video has ended
Components CSS Library
Components CSS Library Index
Background Class CSS
Identify Blocks CSS
Buttons Class CSS
Header Class CSS
Media Class CSS
Message Bubble Class CSS
Miscellaneous Classes CSS
Recommended Image Sizes
Get started guide for CSS Design in Landbot
CSS Customization Examples: "Back to School" Theme
CSS Customization Example: "Lead Gen"
CSS Customization Examples: "Translucid"
CSS Customization Examples: "Minimalist" Theme
reply from Slack: How to create an integration to allow agents reply Whatsapp users from Slack (with Node JS)
Send Transcript of Chat (MessageHooks & API) via email
MessageHooks - Landbot Webhooks
Workarounds and How To's
Building Tips & How to's
How to add a Click-to-Call/Email/WhatsApp button
Send variables from your page (the container site) to your embedded Landbot
How to build an event registration Landbot (to be used in one screen by many attendees) (web only)
How to redirect user to another url in your site with Livechat open to continue conversation
How to let user select a time of booking (with a minimum 45 minutes notice)
Get Index Array selection Whatsapp
Get the array's index of the user selection and extract information from array
How to encode a variable
How to calculate the number of days between two selected dates
How to redirect visitors to a URL (web only)
Workarounds & Codes
Proactive message on mobile
Different ways to format numbers with JS
How to not display Proactive Message to repeating Visitors
Random 4 digits Number (Web)
Set the flow depending on the url path (for embedded landbots)
Trigger a Global Keyword with JS (web v3)
Generate a URL that has variables from user answers
How to set up questions with a countdown
Introducing a new Landbot Community 🎉
How to migrate your bot from Landbot v2 (legacy) to Landbot v3
Introducing Landbot 3! 💬
Migrate your web bot from the Old Builder to the New Builder (Landbot 2 and 3)
Landbot Affiliate Program
Security Update - HTTPS URLs only
NGOs and Educational Organizations Discount
Table of Contents
Updated by Alexander Gao
Even though Landbot has A native integration of Zapier (Zapier block), but we still want to present to you another option to use the Zapier block in a more flexible and practical... Using the Trigger automation block!
Don't worry, it is still a no-code solution, and we will explain in this tutorial how to do it 😉 .
We will show here some examples you can do with this intergation, such as sending values to Google Spreadsheet, generate a PDF, or sending an Email using the Trigger automation block.
So while we are starting this tutorial, we need to open your Bot Builder and enter into your Zapier Account:
Trigger a zap with the Trigger automation block
- First we have to build a bot flow in your bot to collect the information you need to send to Zapier, like name, email, age, etc.
As in the example below, we are storing the name input in the variable @name, that we will use later.
- Then let's set a Trigger automations block.
Create Zap trigger
- After set a trigger automation block, let's open Zapier:
- We need to do is click on the button Make A Zap:
- Search the option Webhook (webhooks by Zapier) and select it:
- On the dropdown Trigger Event, choose the option Catch Hook and press continue:
- Copy the Webhook URL, so that we can use it in the next steps, and press CONTINUE.
- On the following screen, don't press the Test trigger button yet (we will do it after a few more steps).
Prepare Landbot request to Zapier
- Go back to Landbot, and paste in the Trigger automation block the URL that you have copied from the Zap.
Please add it to the URL field in the Trigger automation block.
- Scroll down and go to the Set data (variables) to be sent section of the Trigger automation, where you can set test values:
- And click on Test webhook trigger button:
- If you scroll down, you will see the response from Zapier:
- If you see the Status code as 200, and the status as "success", this means that our request was successfully sent.
Check the data of the request (test) in Zapier
- Go back to Zapier.
- Click on the button Test trigger, to check the information that we have sent from the Webhook Test:
- Once we press Test trigger you will see the page below, with the variables and values we used in the test:
After we turn on Zap, the whole progress will be doing automatically.
- So far the part of trigger is done.
However, after the trigger we have to set up the actions we want to trigger on Zapier. Please keep in mind that this set up is done in your Zapier account, not in Landbot.
Now let's press continue
Action 1 : Insert a new row to Google Sheets
The second part of this integration is setting up an action triggered by a Zap.
As we said before, we will use Google Spreadsheet as an example.
- Choose Google Sheets:
- Then set the action event you need to use. We will use "Create Spreadsheet Row" in our example.
- Then log into your Google Account:
- Then we must select the Spreadsheet, the sheet, and finally the variables we want to use.
We have added as columns to add the information the values "name", "email" and "age".
- Finally we can test our trigger and action integration!
- Click on Test & Continue,
- A simple test is done, but we still have to check our spreadsheet to see if it's what we want!
Here are they! Exactly what we want to put in.
Action 2 : Make a PDF file
Like first action, we choose an app to integrate, here we will use PDF monkey.
Then in the Action Event we choose generate document, press continue.
- Sign in PDFMonkey.
- After sign in, let's continue. Below Action Event we choose Generate Document
- Let's open PDFMonkey to do some following issues.
- Click on add an application.
- Let's give it a name! Then click on the green button ADD
- After we add it, appears this page, of adding a template. Click on add a template below.
- Then we arrive here, choose a template that you need, for example the bill template.
- Let's give this PDF a name!
- Then click on the green button Create down there of the page
- And appears a page like this, maybe the code is making you dizzy, but don't worry, we don't have to edit the code in HTML section, click on Sample data above the code board instead.
- What we are going to do now is copy the code.
- Then we click on the green button Publish at upper right corner:
- Let's turn back to Zapier, the part of customize document:
- Let's put the application that we have created below App, and the template we have created below Template:
- Then we have come to the part of Dynamic Data: let's paste the code we have copied before.
- Also, normally it's very necessary to replace some information with our own variable, or our own data.
Like here we delete the string Company name, and replace it with our variable @name.
- Now we don't need to do anything else, just scroll down the page and press continue:
- Now it's time to send data, as always, after we confirm there's nothing wrong, we click on test and continue:
- Now we are successfully created a document.
- After created a document, we have to check it. Let's copy the download_url:
- Then create a new tab in the browser, paste it to the search bar, and press enter:
- Then it will be downloaded:
- Press it and open the pdf:
Yes, it's correct, the action 2 is done!
Action 3: Send an Email by Gmail
- As we did in the past actions, select an app to use. In this action, we will select Gmail to integrate. In Action Event, we select send Email
- Choose or sign in your Google account,
- Then we could use the variables we send from trigger. Such as @email, @name.
- Now we send something, let's set the subject and the body, even you can send an attachment.
- Finally we have the whole email customized! Let's test it, to see could we receive the email.
- Yes, we have received the email sent by our Zap! The action worked.