Custom System Messages
For Landbot (Web)
Custom System Messages are the automatic help and error texts shown by default within your bot's interface, and also the place where to translate bot default messages to your preferred language.
Final view in Landbot 2:
Final view in Landbot 3 (Coming soon 🚀):
You'll find this section inside your landbot's editor by clicking on Settings > Custom System Messages.
When you click on this option, you will see may options to customise the automatic system messages sent by the bot.
Here you can customise the following texts:
- Text inputs. All the generic "type here" texts of your bot.
- Help texts. All the default texts to tell visitors how to perform the key actions (e.g. "Choose an option")
- Buttons. Specific actions such as Send, Back, and Search.
- Personal fields. When we ask for an email, the placeholder text by default is "Type your email here". Here you can change the field name (in the example, "email") for anything your visitors will better understand.
- Error message. If your landbot has been disabled or your visitor's internet network fails, this error message will be displayed.
- Make each question validation error customisable: this is the equivalent of our previous Customise Errors feature, with one click you can activate it.
Then you will see the customisable message in each of the specific questions blocks:
Don't forget to Save Changes in the block before you continue, and that this feature is only available for verification of the question blocks.
- Second visit. Landbot recognises the second time a user visits our landbot and will ask if he/she wants to start over or continue the conversation. Customise this message here.
Click Save to save your Custom System Messages.
It is only possible to customize the error messages in Whatsapp bots, making each question validation error customizable:
It is only possible to customize the error messages in Messenger bots, making each question validation error customizable: