Stripe integration (v2)
If you want to update old Stripe blocks in existing bots, simply delete & re-add them.
For Landbot (Web)
How to set up the Stripe block?
Please follow the steps in this article to see how to set it up:
- Choose the Stripe block under the Integrations group.
- Click on Stripe, and the block editor will open on the left side of your screen.
- Add a Stripe Account: If this is your first time adding a Stripe payment, you'll need to integrate your Stripe account.
Click on New Stripe Account.
Now, fill in the block with the following information:
- Company: a name your team will use to identify this particular Stripe account (in case you have multiple).
- API Key: the API key of your Stripe account (https://dashboard.stripe.com/account/apikeys).
- Secret Key: the secret key of your Stripe account (https://dashboard.stripe.com/account/apikeys).
- Click Update Account, and your Stripe account will be integrated!
- Once you've set up a Stripe account, you will be given few options to customize this block:
- Amount: the amount users have to pay. The Price can be either:
FIXED – when you plan on charging the same amount every time.
VARIABLE – when amount is a variable. It's important that such variable is always in the Number format (not String or Date).
- Currency – the currency you want your users to be billed in.
- Message – a message to users right above the payment form.
Please see in the images below to see how the block looks like from user's perspective.
Final view in Landbot 2:
Final view in Landbot 3 🚀:
If you need to capture the User's email for other uses, please use the Question: Email block.
- Finally, set up conversation flows following the Stripe block. There are few possible outcomes:
- Success – the payment successfully goes through. We recommend that you follow up with a success message and a confirmation email (with Send a Email block).
- Failed (card errors) – the payment did not go through due to reasons like insufficient fund, authentication failure...etc. Most of these failures are handled by Stripe automatically, and Users will be given a reason right below the payment form.
- Failed (other errors) – exceptional errors not handled by Stripe.
The Failed flow you manually set up will only be triggered when this type of error occurs. In such case, we recommend that offer the user a way to retry and/or contact support (with Human Takeover block), for example:
Now you know everything you need to start accepting payments in Landbot through Stripe. Time to take your conversations to the next level! 💸
FAQ and Troubleshooting
I am not being able to test my live bot with a test card
To test a live bot, you can use an active credit card, and test with any value (like 1€ , for example). In this case, you will be charged in your credit card.
You can use one of Stripe's test cards too, but for that you must use the Secret Key for testing, provided in your Stripe account. To find more information about this, please check out the Stripe page.
Can I set up a Recurring Payment with the Stripe block?
It is not possible to set up a recurrent payment inside the bot, the Stripe block allows just one-time-payments.
This block/functionality is not compatible with Whatsapp.
This block/functionality is not compatible with Messenger.