If your landbot doesn't send messages, what's the point? Learn the basics of chatbot building!
Simple Message blocks allow you to send text (and emojis) to your visitors with just a couple of clicks. To create a simple message, simply drag and drop the green dot of any image and select Simple Message:
Once created, you'll see a bunch of options to customize it's content:
- Copy/Delete/Add a message: When hovering the block, you'll see the option to duplicate (both the block and the message), a bin to delete the block and a "+" to add an extra message to the sequence:
- Variables: use them to dynamically add already collected data from your users to your messages. E.g.: "How are you today, @name?" will display the visitor's name at the end. Click on Variables to open a drop-down of the fields available, but make sure you don't add a dynamic field you don't know yet or it will not show!
- Bold: Select the text you want to bold and click on the "B" below the text area to make it bold.
- Italic: Select the text you want to make italic and click on the "I" below the text area to make it italic.
- HTML: When clicked, it will switch the message view to HTML mode, feel free to add there any piece of HTML you need.
- ...: Click on the three dots to discover even more formatting options! Click the "H" to make the text bigger, the list symbol to transform every line into a list, the quotation marks to transform the text into a quote and, finally, select any part of the text and click the clip icon to hyperlink it!
- Eight strange dots on the bottom left: Drag and drop any message of the sequence to change its order.